Monday, January 28, 2019

Another travel day, you get backlog

So here we are in the airport at Queenstown, awaiting our flight. It was a wonderful 3 days here, in the swankiest accommodation yet. I managed to get out last night from 11:30 to about 1:30 for some astro, but in quickly looking this morning nothing spectacular jumped out. We are talking seriously dark skies, at least by Calgary standards. It was beautiful just to look at. Maybe I should learn more astronomy so I've got abetter idea of what I'm looking at.

Then again, I haven't looked at every frame, and there were several bright streaks I saw with my eyes. There are some nice looking milky way shots. You'll have to wait till I get a chance to look and edit. Stay tuned.

In the mean time, you get some random backlog. This bird posed so beautifully on a plaque or something. Just as I was about to click the shutter, it disappeared. When I looked at the photo later, the bird had been considerate enough to take off and stay in focus.




During our day of Maori culture. 

Another view of a sculpture.

From exactly the same spot, a nicely shaped tree.

Two of a bee in flight at Glenfalloch Gardens. The bees were HUGE!


One from the Steampunk museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!