Thursday, August 10, 2017

Dahlias, a lily, and something else

The dahlias have been coming on strong lately. The last few photos of them have mainly featured bees but they are really pretty in their own right. I love the red and yellow combination, so cheerful.


Would you believe me if I told you it's been so hot here this dahlia is sweating hard trying to stay cool? Or working up a sweat building it's fitness for the bees?

Another plant I can't remember the name of. It's leaves are a dull drab reddish, but get the sun on them and they light up a brilliant deep red.

I was having fun with this yellow lily. You'll see more of them, and their companion plants. I'm saving up a special blog for them. Be careful if you're trying this one. Yes, I'm shooting directly into the sun. I wanted to see if the light would wash out the yellow, or highlight it. You tell me which it did.


I've had a couple good swims lately, so I think my shoulders are getting back into the groove. My last run was Sunday, feeling good, but since then my right quad has been really tight, leading to a funny pulling feeling in my knee. I think I could run if I had to, but I don't think it would be good. Even water running I could feel my quads and hams complaining.

For you macro enthusiasts I've got the next macro Monday in the can. I've got some stuff to do Friday, then I'll be doing photos on the weekend for the Chaparral triathlon events. Plus followup stuff. Trying to do macro shots in a hurry is a guaranteed way of ending up frustrated. Lets see what happens for blogging the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!