Sunday, September 2, 2012

A cat, helping

Once again Curtis is showing more than passing interest in what I'm doing at my desk. Saturday he was trying to get his face past my hands to get at my granola. Seriously, a cat interested in granola. The rest of Saturday was a bit of to do stuff in the morning, then the afternoon was a quiet day, reading and surfing and snoozing and playing with cats. In the evening I tried getting a time lapse movie of the moon rise. The bike stand made a pretty good mount with a dish cloth to help level it out. I'm pretty sure I've seen an iPhone holder that clamps into tripod stands. More research. However a bunch of clouds rolled in to obscure it, and the lighting in the living room buggered up the exposure so you couldn't see anything. Live and learn.

Sunday Curtis was at it again. I was trying to get some paperwork organized to claim some medical expenses through Linda's work. We both get $800 a year for massage, chiro, acupuncture, and similar stuff. Here's Curtis helping with the paperwork, making sure it doesn't fly away in a breeze or something.

Unfortunately, tails do not work so well for data entry.

 Sunday was the day for my long slow run, trying to keep my breathing relaxed and easy. I should have worn a heart rate monitor to see how I was doing, but I think the batteries in all of them are dead. I have three chest bands and monitors, all identical. The watch part of the first two of them died, and the newest is more than 2 years old now. The watch still works fine, but I haven't tried the heart rate function for a while.

It was a beautiful day for a run, if pretty windy. That helped keep me cool though. Mostly it went really well, running up to the reservoir and back. I felt pretty steady on my feet, though, and had a really good stretch after.

Now to the end is Runmeter stuff only, so if you're not interested stop reading now, and thanks for dropping by! Don't be afraid to leave a comment.

I like the pace graph, but I wish I could smooth out the lines slightly. The point of this run was to be steady and it looks like I'm all over the place. Km 6 in particular was gradually slowing, not because there is a hill, but I was right into the teeth of a pretty strong wind.

After some more exploring I found there is all sorts of things I can do with this, including graph bombing my Twitter and Facebook feeds. I won't do that. There is a heart rate monitor I can buy that talks to Runmeter. In fact, the ones I have now might work. Something to add to my to do list.

1 comment:

  1. Re: dishcloth as tripod... We may have to start calling you McGuyver!


Looking forward to reading your comment!