Friday, July 23, 2021

Flowery Friday 10

Another week has zoomed!

I'm starting with May 30, where you'll see a bit of the space between our house and the neighbours. I'm ending with June 4, which was a big day for flower photography. Lots to look at today, so go refill whatever beverage you have on the go.

Yesterday I was down in Fish Creek trying for dragonflies. Let's just say there isn't going to be a dragonfly of the day feature any time soon.

1.

2.

3. This is a very happy volunteer clematis. We've had to repress it from growing into the soffit.


4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

25.

26.

27. Sigh. I didn't see the blade of grass when I was shooting. When I got back, that petal had flopped over.


28.

Of the Day
Driftwood, then a serendipity bee from August 2017.



Flower

Peony

Lily, with a serendipity shot of the set up for a macro shot, complete with extension tubes. Unfortunately I don't know what I was shooting that day. It might have been the tip of the red pen that made Image of the Month December 2017. This was the first day lily of the season so it gets pilot role in the new feature, but it will be not-day lilies from here till they're done.



Retro
I found this as a serendipity the other day, but thought it would be better here. This is from the A E Cross Conservation area, during a hike with Sean. The original of this is very blah, you can barely see the mountains. I can't tell which specific shots when into creating the pano.

The first is just Lightroom, the second got run through Photomatix to be enhanced. I now think I overdid and it looks a little 'overbaked' as photographers like to say. It's sometimes really hard taking shots of the mountains. Our eyes fool us all the time, making them looking bigger than they appear in a photo, and we can look through the haze much better than a camera can. Trying to correct the haze often makes things worse. Going to black and white is one solution that can work well, except I wanted to keep that gold in the field.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!