Saturday, July 3, 2021

Image struggles, and updates

I have not forgotten Image of the Month. It's a real struggle this time, since there are lots of wonderful images to choose from. I've winnowed it down to a handful or so, and there I am, comparing them, scrolling from one to the other, wondering why one and not another. It reminds me of the struggles around Image of the Year. I just need to sit with them a bit. Stay tuned. (What was that song about ketchup?)

At the beginning of the month I was rusty when it came to macro shots, mainly of bees and ants. That got better. The peonies put on a terrific show, and I got some 5 star photos of them, and because they are not a slam dunk Image of the Month choice, tells you how good some of the other photos are. However, all good things and all, what with the heat and a hard thunderstorm last night, several of them are past their prime. Several others are still coming on, and the lilies are just beginning to appear, and the dahlias are working hard. You get the idea.

In other news, here's another notice about email notifications. Some of my readers have signed up to be notified when I blog, and thank you so much! They sometimes get a little extra in that email. The reason I mention it again is that the Feedburner thingie that did notifications and RSS stuff seems to be in the process of shutting down. I never really understood exactly what it did, and some of the reports it sent me appeared to be complete nonsense. 

In any case, it's gone now. So if you were getting something from the blog via email other than my "Hello there my loyal readers", that's going to stop. If you see the updates because you check every day, or I'm on another blogroll that you follow (if that's true I'm curious which one), then life is good for you. But if you'd like to get on the subscription list to be notified when I update either of the blogs, just let me know. Leave a comment, email me at keith at nucleus dot com, direct message me in any of several channels, text, whatever works for you. 

I'm still not sure how often I'll blog, or what I'll blog about, in the copious free time of my retirement, but I will keep on with it. 

In other, other news, the heat wave broke briefly but with hard hail last night. The new, extremely expensive ring road was flooded in one place, in spite of all the elaborate elevations and drainage provisions. We had a little bit of hail, but the garden didn't get beat up much. Today is looking hot again, with afternoon thunderstorms. We call this Stampede weather. 

This circular cloud later developed a funnel as it moved further north. I was hoping both that there would be funnels (I was right there with the camera and the right lens), and that it wouldn't (I was right there.)


It was lovely going out for a walk after the storm passed.


You'll still be getting fresh full beautiful peony blossoms in the Of the Day feature below, but there's also beauty in the faded blooms. This is a couple of the pink peony beside the house, before the storm.




And in a serendipity, this is Domino, one of my cat buddies that lives with a friend.


Of the Day
Driftwood

Linda on a beach

Flower
This one rose bush is particularly prolific

Fern Leaf Peony, from June 7



The back patio garden from June 7


Artsy (I have been asked what 'artsy' means to me, and that's a whole other blog.


1 comment:

  1. I love the post-rain walk reflection shot. The lighting is lovely and I like how you kept the silhouettes. Obviously well exposed! :D

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!