Saturday, July 10, 2021

And, GO!

The clock is ticking. Loudly. It is exactly 7am as I type that time. I have a coffee. I have not eaten yet, but there is a community stampede breakfast that I am shooting. It starts at 9. I would be hungry then, and I consider myself as working, and there is only food for 600, and it was a popular event last time we ran it. So I'll probably grab a sandwich to keep camera and eye together during the event. If there's food left over maybe I'll eat then.

While out for a walk last night we met two other members of the exec team, and we chatted briefly. They are going to be there for 7:30 to get the coffee going (the really important task) and to generally set up (the important task). I had thought of getting there for 8:30 or so, but maybe I'll show up a bit early. I like to get shots of the volunteers working, since they are just as much a part of the event as the people attending. My thought is that the photos should show people working, and maybe next time someone new will show up to help. It's not elves that do the work invisibily.

So I'm thinking I'll pound this out, free forming the whole situation, as Linda would say, and see what happens. When I run out of things to type, I'll add the of the day photos and publish. No going back and fixing things.

Later today I had a client open house to shoot, but they postponed it till later. They didn't want to compete with Stampede, which is normally a sensible thing to do. It's 10 days a year where Calgarians are allowed to display their insanity, as opposed to hiding it under a bushel of good sense. This sometimes leads to behaviour that is more than a little erratic. I have personally seen a porta-potty rocking back and forth, and a few minutes later a man and woman emerged, disheveled and smiling. The line up gave them a round of applause.

Tomorrow is a breakfast at a friend's house. I'll have to be sure the car is full of gas, since it's at the other end of the city, and the highway doesn't go there yet. I checked the route the phone gave me, and the directions include roads I've never been on in more than 40 years of living here.

Imagine that, I've lived here 41 years in a couple weeks. Time flies. Almost all of that has been in this house. Shortly after publishing yesterday's blog, the cement crew showed up and did our sidewalk. I put a thumbprint in it. I was chatting to the crew, and it turns out one of the guys has worked with Linda's cousin that lives in town, who we haven't seen for a year and a half. There's another social visit to flange up.

Then Sunday afternoon we have friends coming over, at least we think we do. They are awaiting a covid test and are eager to escape isolation from returning from overseas for a work gig. That got complicated in places and I'm eager to hear some of the details. If it's allowed to happen. 

Plus all the photo editing! Gonna be a busy weekend. and TIME! It is exactly 7:15. Now for photos. The scene of the concrete action.


Of the Day

Linda on the way to a beach. We don't know who Stu is or was.


Artsy

Flower
Lilies about to burst forth

Peony

Now it's 7:25 as I type. Gonna get another cup of coffee and munch the sandwich and go. So now you know what a first draft of a blog looks like. The ambitious of you could take that first block of text and get a words per minute and tell me in the comments. Have fun! 7:27. Publish.

2 comments:

  1. 38.2 WPM for that first block of text. So probably if I turn my brain off and just type words given to me, as long it doesn't include address information, I can probably type 50 WPM and maybe more in short bursts. Thank you again, mom, for making me take that typing course.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!