Monday, November 5, 2007

Swim and 1st Yoga

250 m warmup, fairly brisk
50 m one arm alt 25 m right and 25 m left
50 m breastroke
50 m one arm alt r and left
500 m 10 x 50 m in 50 seconds on 1:15 start
100 m one arm alt r and left
50 m kick
100 m cool down
1150 m total, 30 min altogether

15 min pool pilates

For most of the swim I was sharing with the other fast guy at the slow pool. He started shortly after I did, and between us we punted a slow guy out of our lane. Let me tell you how slow these other people are. The next fastest guy after my buddy pushed off the wall next to me just as I'm about to start a 1 arm drill. I passed him. Quickly.

I'm really not sure about the one arm drill. Sure it builds strength, or it should, but it's also a much choppier stroke. Let's see how it goes for a while, and watch for any bad stroke habits creeping in.

Swim felt great today. But then, for me, there's no such thing as a bad day in the pool. (Come on, you know who, we're waiting to see the swim details in your blog. :-) ) I was thinking about Susi's sadistic swim drill instructor during the breast stoke. My kick is pathetic, and a few sessions with her might teach me what I should be doing. Or drown me.

I got signed up for yoga classes; my massage therapist says this should be really good for me. And so it was. Lots of Warrior pose, and some variants of that. To my astonishment there were people in the class much less flexible than I am. I guess all the pool work is paying off. I think I'm going to like it.

1 comment:

  1. i have spin and yoga tonight - i am as flexible as a 2 by 4. i hope i feel as good as you did after ....

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!