Monday, February 20, 2012

Running in near gale winds is hard

We walked around town for about 3 hours, shaking out plane seat ass. Beautiful, even if at one point we could hardly stand up in the wind. We were sandblasted crossing behind Tobacco Bay, to the point we dashed for cover behind the building.

All that was a good warmup for my run. In the map below you can see my run route, starting just to the left of the red pin, going clockwise, route marked in red. Using my finger as a pointer so it's not exact. I ran up the hill to the weather tower to get a nice view of the world. There's a bit of video showing the view, and the eerie sound of the wind in the tower framework. I'll see if I can figure out how to post it.

From there I ran through the golf course back to the same beach, then over to the next beach. It was still really windy. Windy enough to be careful about the footing. From there it was an easy run along the coast to the point, passing of all things a small dairy farm. Back through town and up the hill to the house. Then I walked back to the coast to take a pic and back to the house to cool down. I have not the slightest idea how long I was gone, or how far I went. My hair was full of sand and salt spray. Love it!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'll take gale force winds any day if it's in paradise. Enjoy some vino tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vino was very good. Linda had some while I was running and was half potted when I got back. I need to figure out how to get sand out of my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh to gale force winds...blizzard winds must be a gentle breeze in comparison. Hate running in the wind, so good job on getting out there to run! I hope to maintain my runs while I'm on vacation too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a bit of a challenge but in one case the wind pushed me up a steep hill. Nice. Should see what it does to my hair. Can you say frizz?

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!