Monday, May 6, 2013

Dance class nearly killed me

My legs were feeling good today. So good I was thinking of canceling my next physio appointment, or putting it off till next week. I was looking forward to a nice run on Tuesday evening.

Now all that is in doubt. I went into dance class feeling tired and sleepy. I've forgotten all I ever knew, and worse, what little I did remember surfaced at the wrong time. Some of you know that it's really easy to dance Cha Cha Cha and East Coast Swing to the same music, more a matter of style than anything. So there I was trying to lead Linda through a swing pattern while the class is going through a Cha Cha Cha pattern. There are some subtle differences.

And technique in waltz. That's what did my legs in tonight. Ouch. With any luck I'll get a good night's sleep and they will feel better tomorrow. I want to run. I'll do some stretching downstairs, then hit the sack.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we just need a little rest but I'm sure Linda appreciated your effort.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!