Thursday, October 8, 2009

Winter is making itself right at home

Another grey day, with periodic snow.

Last night I dragged myself to yoga, during a snow flurry. I knew that Linda would ask if I'd gone to yoga, and that she wouldn't believe me. She suspects I'm a slacker. Sure enough, F is taking attendance. She said that Linda had mentioned she wouldn't be there this week, but that I should be. And that she would check in with F the following week. I was thinking with the crappy weather I might be the only one there, and could get a custom course in yoga form, but no, everybody is a bunch of keeners or something.

Yoga was actually fun. We've worked through all the different bits of a sun salute, and we put all the pieces together. Plus a neat twisting stretch where you put your left elbow on the outside of your right knee. 1.25 hours.

Slept like crap last night, but I'm not sure why. Still, I was eager to get on the bike this morning and get this sludge I call blood moving. I put on Aliens and got started. Good warm up, then lots of one leg drill and 90, 100, 110 rpm cadence pyramids. Mostly work, very little easy spin. 90 minutes. I felt good and solid, but tired enough after that I bailed on the core. I always find that tougher than the cardio, and I'm still recovering from the cold.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to swim and do a short run. I think I'll do the core work instead of the swim. My throat isn't quite itself yet. Lets see how I feel in the morning.

This evening I was shaking pills out into my hand. Vit C, daily multivitamin, Vitamin D, Ecanicia or however that's spelled. One of them looked a bit bigger than normal, but I didn't pay much attention, till it came time to put it in my mouth. I came *that* close to swallowing the little plug of dessicant.

Who will be watching the internet feed at Kona on Sat?

4 comments:

  1. Me, me, me! I love watching. Trying to get my lap top hooked up to the TV. Feel better please and no eating the desiccant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relying on you for updates!!! :) :) :)

    CLOSE CALL, Keith!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who or what F is I'm afraid. Yep I'll be watching. I started training/riding this week so I could ride while watching. I don't think I was riding on the trainer last year this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are hosting a Kona party! After the group run of course with lots of yummy food and drink. Want to join us?

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!