Thursday, October 8, 2009

Winter is making itself right at home

Another grey day, with periodic snow.

Last night I dragged myself to yoga, during a snow flurry. I knew that Linda would ask if I'd gone to yoga, and that she wouldn't believe me. She suspects I'm a slacker. Sure enough, F is taking attendance. She said that Linda had mentioned she wouldn't be there this week, but that I should be. And that she would check in with F the following week. I was thinking with the crappy weather I might be the only one there, and could get a custom course in yoga form, but no, everybody is a bunch of keeners or something.

Yoga was actually fun. We've worked through all the different bits of a sun salute, and we put all the pieces together. Plus a neat twisting stretch where you put your left elbow on the outside of your right knee. 1.25 hours.

Slept like crap last night, but I'm not sure why. Still, I was eager to get on the bike this morning and get this sludge I call blood moving. I put on Aliens and got started. Good warm up, then lots of one leg drill and 90, 100, 110 rpm cadence pyramids. Mostly work, very little easy spin. 90 minutes. I felt good and solid, but tired enough after that I bailed on the core. I always find that tougher than the cardio, and I'm still recovering from the cold.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to swim and do a short run. I think I'll do the core work instead of the swim. My throat isn't quite itself yet. Lets see how I feel in the morning.

This evening I was shaking pills out into my hand. Vit C, daily multivitamin, Vitamin D, Ecanicia or however that's spelled. One of them looked a bit bigger than normal, but I didn't pay much attention, till it came time to put it in my mouth. I came *that* close to swallowing the little plug of dessicant.

Who will be watching the internet feed at Kona on Sat?

4 comments:

  1. Me, me, me! I love watching. Trying to get my lap top hooked up to the TV. Feel better please and no eating the desiccant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm relying on you for updates!!! :) :) :)

    CLOSE CALL, Keith!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who or what F is I'm afraid. Yep I'll be watching. I started training/riding this week so I could ride while watching. I don't think I was riding on the trainer last year this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are hosting a Kona party! After the group run of course with lots of yummy food and drink. Want to join us?

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...