Saturday, May 11, 2019

Struggling for a title. Don't ask why.

Don't laugh at me, but I was browsing through the Lord of the Rings movies, looking at the scenery over the last little while. Then today I found these photos, and thought it was fitting they were taken in an airport. Unfortunately, there were no signs for Deus ex Machina airlines, or I'd have done anything to get it into the shot.





Today was community cleanup day here, the minor one. We only had a couple bins rather than the City garbage trucks, and they filled up fast. The poor guy organizing it was trying to get the bin company to bring us another couple, and they were slow. Don't ask why, but all the construction doesn't help.

The funniest part of the morning was a couple showing up at the sea can for the e-recycling, asking if a hard drive had come in. Duh! Then they started looking. This was after several hours so there was lots of stuff in there for them to sort through. They didn't find it, but I was was having trouble with why they needed to look.

My disappointment for the day was that the paper shredding truck didn't come. Here and I had sorted through a bunch of paper and had a big bin full of old bills, statements, and income tax returns. It was mildly interesting to know in 1987 I made just over $31K, and I did my taxes myself. I wouldn't dream of doing it myself now. The question is, why do I still have that paperwork? The same mound had pay stubs from 2007. Don't ask why.

As always, it was fun doing the photos for the clean up. It gives me an excuse to look at the ever varied and never ending stream of stuff that people see fit to throw away. The most common items today? Bread makers and pressure washers. Don't ask why.

Plus I got a reminder for something I'd like to do, but schedules for the 4 people involved have been complicated.

Driftwood of the Day





1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!