Friday, May 3, 2019

Re-re-re-retired. Again

How's that go, I like retiring so much I've done it 4 times now. Penn West, Keyera, AltaGas, and now BPD. All contract gigs that ended, one quite long term, and the other three much shorter. After the first retirement, I didn't go looking for work, and don't intend to go looking this time either. There are photos to be taken.

The BPD gig was short and specific, if intense and stressful in places. The project appears to be on track for a successful conclusion, though my specific deliverables are delivered. There may or may not be some followup work, and I'm easy either way.

I'm writing this now with a big orange cat in my lap. As soon as I got home he gave me the eye about some lap time, and was barely patient as I had some lunch. It has been made clear to me what one of my major duties is to be in retirement.

Like I said, there are photos to be taken. I had the macro lens out earlier this month, and I've been itching to use it more. I was asked to be a race photographer on Sunday, and the organizer picked finish line photos over retaste zone photos. Can't imagine why...

Some of my photo buddies are also retired, or otherwise available for photo rambles, and I'd love to hear from you if you're interested.

There's also a pretty good to do list getting generated. This should be fun!

Sunset over Wellington.



Seen in a tourist shop. This looks like something a retired guy would make.

Driftwood of the Day.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on retiring yet again. I'm beginning to spot a trend. And now to the photos. Nothings sows like a singer. Today's driftwood of the day, to my eye, is better than many. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!