Sunday, May 12, 2019

Patio spring cleaning

The garden is coming along well, considering there was snow on the ground last weekend. I think this is a daffodil, complete with what I think is a spider all laid out. At first I thought it was some kind of blemish.



I've been working on a red tulip shot, and this is the best one yet this year, but I think I've lost my touch. There will be more to practice on soon, I think.


The clematis out front is beginning to look happy.


We have decided to wait no longer. Today we started getting the back patio ready for summer action. We expect to be out there a lot this year. I had the pressure washer out hosing down anything that didn't move. Probably just as well the cats were inside. Linda went off and got a BIG BAG of compost. One of the rain barrels needs some work to fix a leak. We paused for the first patio meal of the season, BBQ pork kebabs, if you want to know. I did rack of lamb the other day, but it was still too cool to eat outside. I'm looking forward to outdoor writing soon.



Driftwood of the Day


2 comments:

  1. Even at this stage, your backyard looks great. The crop, composition, and execution of number 4 is particularly successful. There has been some white in recent driftwood photos. The white really somes to add a pleasing brightness to the images, and helps to set off the browns. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many flowers already. That's crazy! Looks gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!