Thursday, May 23, 2019

I'm off! Or, why is this woman smiling?

I'm off to Cypress Hills today, in a van labeled Pirate 1. Not kidding. I'll get a photo of it later. This is gonna be fun.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch,

(
For context, you need to know that our car has been playing Riders in the Sky as it rotates through by album. For a while I had it on random, but it isn't truly random. Out of several thousand songs it only played a few hundred and I was getting tired of the repeats.

One of the songs I like to sing along to is "Someone's Got To Do It" where the 'it' is to put the good guys through it, so you know they're good. One of the things I've been trying to write into my novel(s) is the bad guy. It's harder than you think to write a good bad guy.
)

I'm all finished packing and it's loaded in the car. It's a 4 day trip, and I've got all the camera gear. The camera and supporting electrical stuff (chargers, extension cords, laptop, external hard drive, etc) take up more room than the actual clothes. Well, except for the extra stuff brought along in case the weather does something dramatic, which is always a possibility here.

Curtis is giving me the sad-eyed look, knowing I'm leaving. I think he fears it's another long trip, and doesn't understand 4 days. Linda understands 4 days very well, and is excited. She has plans. (Look out world!)



Driftwood of the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!