Monday, May 6, 2019

Macro Monday 30, purple wool

I have missed my Macro Mondays. My last one was September 17, almost 8 months ago! How time flies. Michelle helped me with that shoot, and with this one, though she wasn't present today. She supplied the chunks of wool, and I picked a purple one to start with. If you're curious about the equipment used, follow that link.

This first one is at 1x


3x

4x

5x

And this is 5x with 68 mm of extension tubes. No idea what the actual magnification is.

Driftwood of the Day


2 comments:

  1. In case you were wondering, for me, 4x has the right level of abstraction and depth of field. I envisage some foreign network of tubes, attached to equally foreign device for some unknown purpose. That driftwood looks like its from a new beach, as this image has a fresh set of tones and colours. I like the way the stones look as if they have been placed with purpose. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same beach, another piece of driftwood further along. The colour range is extraordinary. A few times I wondered about some cosmic Go player placing those stones for some unknown reason. As far as I know, these were untouched by humans.

      Delete

Looking forward to reading your comment!