Friday, May 10, 2019

Chased by the bulkhead

Do a simple little thing like not swim for 2 months and what happens? You practically forget how. I've been trying to get back into the pool and remember how. It's been slow going. (Bada-Boom!) Now that I'm retired again it should be a bit easier.

Today I almost hit the sweet spot. The swim kids had left the pool, but they were going to move the bulkhead from the 50 m position, to 25m. I did some water running, chatting to the lifeguard as he pushed. It's really slow going. Even water running I can stay ahead.

The whole bulkhead move thing is kind of amusing. I had envisioned some high tech arrangement involving a motor doing all the work. Not so. They have an air compressor to fill up an air tank to make it lighter, then two people have to slowly push it down the pool. Carefully, so it doesn't get crooked.

The swimming is coming back. I'm almost as fast as I was before I left, but my endurance is pitiful. Lately it's been 9:20 or so for 500 m short course, and about 9:50 long course. Sooner or later my left arm will get with the plan and I'll go further.

Lunch with one of my longest term friends!

Here's the view from the experimental wind turbine in Wellington.


Our apartment is just out of sight here, around the curve of Mt Victoria.

They get lots of wind, so lots of wind turbines.

Yes, I know the tips are blurred. It took many photos to find the settings that would produce that result. At the bottom of the photo is the fence around Zealandia, designed to be cat proof.







Driftwood of the Day
With a bonus sea shell. I didn't see that many shells, no idea why.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!