Monday, October 15, 2018

There's still colour in the garden

Even after all the snow and several nights of really cold weather, there's still a couple pansy's hanging in there.

The roses are done for the year, but I love the subtle things that happen with the colour and texture of the blooms after a frost.



These two buds never got a chance to bloom. I wonder if they'll hang in as long as these two bud-dies? You aren't likely to see as many shots of these as I did of the last pair. Those ones I could shoot from the driveway. These ones are entirely likely to get completely buried, and even if not, I'd need to put on snowshoes.


I've never really liked any of my rose hip shots, but this one makes me happy.





1 comment:

  1. I have been reading Michael Freeman's book "Perfect Exposure". Yellow is hard and the pansy photo presents some real challenges. To my eye it needs to be a quarter stop lighter with slightly higher contrast. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!