Tuesday, October 30, 2018

More of the beaver dam ramble, 1 tiny reflection

Here's a few more from the beaver dam flats ramble, a continuation of yesterday.

After the flats we went west, to where the Powderface trail comes out, I think. In any case the road started going down, and there was snow and ice on it. A few people were parked and getting ready for a hike. We turned around. This was part of the view on the way back. How we suffered.

I managed to capture this little bird, but the settings were still from the previous shot. I liked the little ripple around the bird, and the silhouette. In fact, I had to like it, or abandon the shot. Trying to tweak it in Lightroom to bring up the detail in the feathers just made it look odd.

We both looked at this for a while, and agreed that in the right light, there was probably a really nice shot here. The light being merely ok, we didn't spend too much time on it.

All in all it was a wonderful morning. I was out this morning (Tuesday) getting some photos of red clouds at sunrise. As sunrise shots they are nothing special, I think, but as reflections on water they would have been marvellous. Such are the trials and rewards of a landscape photographer.











1 comment:

  1. I love the little bird just as it is! Pretty ugly place you live!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!