Sunday, October 21, 2018

The garden today, not drab, plus a bee!

It's been lovely here the last few days. The sort of weather one expects for a Calgary second summer. I was out with the camera looking for shots in the garden, enjoying the peace and quiet of it, as opposed to the Halloween shoot I did last night. Kids + candy = lots of noise. My major learning there is that f2.8 isn't fast enough for a dim room.

I was surprised to still find colour in the garden today. Those are some tough plants! The last pansy, not the same one as photographed last week.


This is a cut leaf elderberry that Linda planted this year. Amazing how glossy black can be.

Icelandic poppies. Normally I don't pay a lot of attention to them, but they were just glowing today.


This astonished me. A bee! Somewhere I envision a boss bee with a clipboard, telling the bees to get off their sleepy butts and go out to see if there's any nectar to be had. This bee found just about the only possibilities.

The dread Alberta rose.

I didn't see the ant when I was shooting. Maybe the ants have a clipboard wielding boss as well.

1 comment:

  1. What an intrepid little guy that bee is. Isn't nature amazing?

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!