Friday, October 12, 2018

The latest warning is wind

The snow is mostly gone, and we were thinking we were going to have a nice day. Then we saw the wind warning. Gusts up to 90 KPH. Whoosh!

This, of course, is old hat to my buddy that lives in Crowsnest Pass. The joke goes, how do you know this house you're thinking of buying will stand up to the wind? The answer, it's here, isn't it?

Bada boom!

Ok, so I shouldn't quit my day job. I tried to do it today, looking over my shoulders at the clouds getting closer every moment. I ended up walking about 4.5 K, but bailed on a detour down to bridge 1. I figured I was going to get rain/hail/snow/sleet or some combination of that pelted into my face and headed home after a few nice shots.

Yes, the construction is still happening. No, I didn't get blown away. Yes, I managed to BBQ some steak after I got back, though just in time. I was heading out to put the cover back on, and couldn't find it at first. The wind had blown it behind the lodge.

Tomorrow is so so, then it's looking nice for a while. At least that's what is forecast, but I suspect the weather forecasters are still breaking us into winter mode. They fear that us seeing another week of Vancouver weather will drive us into despondency and madness, perhaps even bad enough to vote for the UCP. We can't have that.

Here's the back yard Clematis. It's perhaps the most optimistic of our plants, sending out blooms even during the cool miserable weather. This is from Sept 24.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!