Thursday, October 18, 2018

Around the reservoir with photos

The day started well. I put coffee making and cat feeding on hold to run out and capture this. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to stitch it into a panorama, but it all worked out. The original is 11215 x 3408 px, or roughly 3.3 wide by one high. It would print out 3 feet wide in exquisite detail, and 5 or 6 feet wide in lots of detail for this. You might want to look at this on a desktop screen and embiggen it.


It was such a lovely day out that I thought it would be nice to take my hybrid bike out for a ride, especially since the MK&A team has made it such a sweet ride it's a shame not to be out on it. Every time I take one of these shots I think of my buddy Amy that posed her bike as she did a bunch of the Mattamy Greenway loop. Maybe next summer I'll get all the way around it.


After dithering a bit I decided to go up and around the reservoir, checking out construction and whatever else is going on. This used to be a tough ride for me, once upon a time. The first few times left me knackered. Then I got more fit. Today was just over 25 K in 1:45, nice and easy, stopping a bunch of times for photos.

Southland drive used to stop at Oaksomething, then it turned into a bike path that met up with the 37th st bike path. The space was reserved to extend Southland, but for at least 40 years it has been essentially an extension of the back yards for the people that lived on either side of it. That was then. Now it's a dust bowl construction zone.

The bike path is going underneath Southland. The surveyor that was putting some stakes in the ground along the proposed path wasn't sure when the path would be moved underneath and open to people, but thought it might be before winter. This is from the north, looking south. A 4 lane road will go over the path, and is to the right of this photo.


The remainder of the shots in Blogger order are mostly me infatuated with the calm water in the Reservoir, and some of the interesting clouds.







The bike path heading south, just north of Anderson. It will be nice once the grass grows in. Just above the hill on the right is a freeway under construction.

The weather for another week is supposed to be nice, so I might even be able to get out on the bike again! Where shall I go next time?



1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!