Monday, November 30, 2009

Post camp stuff

Oddly enough I didn't sleep particularly well through the camp, and even last night wasn't good. Once I woke up about 4 am I couldn't go back to sleep. I have high hopes for tonight though.

Met Julie and Tessa for breakfast. Julie had a meeting with her coach, so we went to the Nellies just across the street. We were there for about 2 hours laughing and talking and drinking coffee. Good times.

At home I shambled around getting up the ambition to get on the bike, and finally made it by late morning. At this point the sky is clear and sunny, and its a typical crisp fall day. My thought was to do the bike, core, then run some errands. Part way through Linda called to ask me to pick up something for her. About that time I could see that it had been getting darker out. Then I started seeing some snow. I finished up the bike to see a nice snow flurry happening and the sky totally overcast. I figured that was going to get worse before it got better, so I zipped through the shower and headed out. It wasn't too bad at all, though gradually getting worse.

When I got home I was ready for a nap, and settled in with Amelia the cat for a while. I woke up at one point, looked outside, and couldn't see anything at all. Not even the neighbours house across the street. Total whiteout, just as rush hour was starting. Peachy. I'm sure glad I wasn't out in it. Linda said later that it was much worse here than it was in downtown.

The bike was 1.75 hours, and I trimmed the cool down by a few minutes. Lots of cadence work. It was slow getting started, with it taking 10 minutes before I hit 80 rpm. For a while a set of muscles on the outside of my thighs were jiggling like a big layer of flab. That felt really weird, but it went away after a while. I had to stay focussed on the workout, and push to get through it on tired legs. They felt good getting off the bike.

The evening core was about 45 minutes, including some gentle stretching and lying there with my feet in the air. All of it except plank was good. (Where have you heard this before?) I can plank a minute and then things fall apart pretty quick.

I had to download a program called VLC to be able to view the movie files from the camp, but that all worked out well. There was a ton of still photos as well, and here's one of me surfacing for air while giving the 'live long and prosper sign'.



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome camp Keith, you look like a real swimmer in that picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - whiteout's in rush hour SUCK! Nice camp! Good luck with the ZZZZs...

    Oh, and I just changed the rules on the giveaway. The publisher told me he can ship to US, UK, Australia, and CANADA!! (Just thought I'd let you know.)

    And I picked on Quebec this time because I picked on Toronto last time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith IS a real swimmer, Darryl!! You should have seen him at the camp -- he is quite the runner too! Watch out for this guy -- his inner shark was officially released this weekend. :) :) :)

    Breakfast was wonderful!!! Thanks so much for the card, Keith. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that picture is no joke. You look like a swimmer to me. And one who doesn't require much change. So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!