Thursday, October 15, 2009

Another bike and core day

For once I got on the bike PDQ after dropping Linda off. This was a 90 minute ride, with a ton of stuff in it. Warm up, one leg, ladders, steady pace, muscle focus, cool down. All was good. No music, no movie, just pedaling. Felt reasonably strong and heart rate mostly under control.

Then about 30 minutes core. Doing push ups with feet on the fitness ball is tough. I'm finding almost anything involving the fitness ball to be tough. I guess that means my soft and squishy core needs more work.

The sun burned off the fog about noon. Yes, fog. We don't get much of that here, a few days a year so it's something to note. It was sunny and warm so all the snow is melting now. The next couple days are supposed to be nice nice nice, and I'm in a two day course during the nicest days. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do trainer rides without music or anything! I need my iPod -- music makes the time fly. :) :)

    We need a pic of you performing the ball push ups -- hee-hee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had fog here too - and never get it either. And we're supposed to have a nice weekend too. That is a bummer about being inside.

    I have a love/hate relationship w/ my fit ball. Much like the one I have with my foam roller.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!