Saturday, October 29, 2022

A time lapse, amidst other stuff

The question is, what other stuff to include? My recent adventures with epoxy? Probably not, once you learn I didn't glue myself to anything. Along the way I learned that the two part epoxy has a shelf life unopened, and a shorter one once it's been opened. Of course the tubes they sell are 10x too big. So saving the tubes from the last time I did this repair didn't accomplish anything. All done now.

The photo walk with a buddy? Nothing to show you yet, since it was all on film. The light was nothing special, so I'm not holding my breath waiting for the film to be developed. In any case, I've got another dozen exposures to go on this roll, so don't you be holding your breath either.

Yes, I'm still carrying around the small film camera on errands to places I don't go so often. The idea is to be looking for interesting photos that wouldn't occur to me if I wasn't carrying a real camera. It's been interesting so far. While I haven't captured anything astonishing, at least I don't think so, I have stopped and looked at some scenes in a thoughtful way.

We've pretty well got the garden put to bed, and when I say we, I mean Linda. There's still some organization to do in the garage and basement so we aren't tripping over stuff. The snow has not entirely melted, which is a bit of a surprise.

I gave up on Instagram to share photos. It kept showing me things it wanted me to see, not what the people I've connected with wanted to show me. I hadn't looked at it for a while, and just took a quick scroll though. It doesn't change my mind. I'm thinking the pool of photos that I'm missing by not looking at Instagram because they won't appear anywhere else, and that I want to look at, is pretty darn small.

I've got an account on VERO now, and I'm quite liking it. I'm interested in just the photos part of it, at least for now, but there are sections for movies, music, books, links, and places. But the big thing is no algorithm. It just shows you, in chronological order, what's been posted by the people you've connected with. Plus, it doesn't play games with resizing or playing with the resolution. 

It's an app, not a browser, so I can't give you a link. There's a phone and desktop app. I mostly look at it on desktop. Feel free to look me up. So far I've been trying to post a photo a day, with some photos from the recent Yukon trip, and some of the stars from previous years. If any of my performing buddies want photos on there, but don't want to start an account, I'd be happy to do a photo session with you and post them there.

And the Art of Photography tome is ready for me to pick up. This time I'll take a photo of the cover and take notes for the blog.

I'd mentioned in an earlier blog that if even one person request a bigger version of the aurora time lapse, I'd tweak it a bit and put it on Youtube. One asked, and I obeyed. Here. Enjoy. Here's a different still from the time lapse.


Of the Day
Driftwood

Flower

Peony

Lily

Green Fools

Caribou

Lynx

Landscape
Sunset over Marsh Lake, Yukon.


Tombstone

Film

1 comment:

  1. Loved the timelapse. Just watched it again with Luke and he enjoyed it too. Thanks for putting it up on YouTube. I'll check our Vero. It sounds intriguing. Love the landscapes you included here.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!