Thursday, October 20, 2022

Whitehorse

By Yukon standards, Whitehorse is the big city. It would barely get into the top 10 for Alberta, but that's comparing apples and oranges. We didn't spend much time there, and to be honest, I wasn't feeling 100%. 

Still, I did get out and wandered around town on my own. About the only thing that actually interested me were the busts on some of the street corners. Two of them are of extremely famous people, and you can be forgiven for not knowing the other two. I tried to treat them as if I was actually doing a portrait of the real person, sitting at that street corner. Not that it was ideal portrait sitting circumstances. At one of them I was pestered by a street person, and eventually had to walk away in the middle of it, and come back later.





If you really must know who these are, scroll down. I'll give you the names, and you can look them up.

Some of the street scenes.


The original Yukon skyscraper.



This was in the lobby of our hotel. I liked the sculpture, but it was tough to photograph.




We, and by we I mean mainly Linda, are putting the garden to bed. But there was a surprise for me. Scroll down a bit and you'll see it. My task is to finish emptying out the water barrels, pressure wash them, and store them for winter under those big bags the landscape companies use for soil and gravel deliveries.

Of the Day
Driftwood

Flower
Here's the surprise. Linda had tucked this dahlia into the lodge. I think it liked it in there. This photo is from Oct 19, and there still some other flowers hanging in. The peachy rose beside the house is still putting out blooms. I think that's all going to come to an end today. It's supposed to cloud over, abruptly get cooler, and it might rain. No complaints here, we couldn't ask for a nicer autumn.


Peony

Lily

Landscape

Tombstone

Green Fools
The finalists in musical chairs.


Bee
At least a few bees are still hard at it.


Moose

Lynx

Film

Spoiler Alert!



Key
1 - Jack London
2 - Pierre Burton
3 - Edith Jose
4 - Edward Hardy Harrison






No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!