Tuesday, November 1, 2022

October Image of the Month

Normally I think about Image of the Month in terms of what's the best photo in that time. Best, of course, has many possibilities, as those of you that have read my many dithers on the topic will know.

But this morning, as the snow is falling, for only the second time this season, I'm looking at the photos and thinking how unusual the selection is. Normal for August, unusual for October. I was still recovering from the photo overdose of September and didn't get out much for new photos, even with the lovely fall weather.

First Runner Up
This is the first year for these roses. Linda wasn't sure anything would happen, suspecting they would settle in, grow roots and leaves, and get used to the view. But the blooms were spectacular, and hanging in despite some snow impressed me even more.


Second Runner Up
I never did get around to spending some time chasing bees or dragonflies this year. The best I did was after Linda had watered the lawn, which perked up the mint, which brought out the bees again. I had some time one sunny afternoon, and decided that it was now or next year. It didn't take long, and I got a couple of nice photos, but no actual macro bee portraits. Still, any photo of a bee in focus gets onto the short list of photos to consider for image of the month.




Image of the Month
A surprise dahlia. We hadn't expected any of them to bloom. There's something about the textures and colour combinations that call me to this one.


1 comment:

  1. Loved the bee shot. I think I'd have chosen it as image of the month. And the roses and snow are gorgeous too. I can see why you like the dahlia shot but it's not my favourite of the three.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!