Saturday, October 22, 2022

Sunlight to snow

Once again Calgary has lived up to it's reputation for having erratic weather. Up till Wednesday, we had lovely warm weather. Thursday was a bit cloudier and cooler, but Sean and I still went for a walk along the river. (Film photos only for me, as he tested a new lens.) Not quite T shirt weather anymore.

Friday was a little colder. There is probably a verb specifically for the actions related to putting the garden to bed, and whatever it is, Linda has been busy doing it. I got the water barrels all tucked under the landscape big bags, ready to wait out winter. My buddy Terry gifted me another one, and the nice lounging chairs went under it. The patio umbrella didn't quite dry out, so I'm hoping the sun is strong enough on Monday to finish that, then I can wrap it up and tuck it away. Next task will be to get some of the stuff thats in the garage humped down to the basement for winter storage.

Friday night it started snowing. Hard. Lots. Wet. Heavy. I'll bet lots of people are glad it's not a regular work day.

1.

Here's some more. 
2.

3. The roses are still doing fine, sheltered from the worst of the weather, and probably getting some heat from the house. These ones are beautiful, and I'm thinking about next year's photos, perhaps sliding some complementary paper between the roses and the house.


4.

5.

6.

7. Another view of the back yard. I'm not actually sure how much snow has fallen. 


8.

9.

10. Doesn't this flower look sad?



Of the Day
Driftwood
To make up for all the snow I thought I've give you some driftwood that had some beach included.


Landscape. More beach. I think Linda is somewhere off in the distance, but I'm not going to swear to it.


Flower, see the roses above.

Peony

Lily. Yes, that's a lily under all that snow.


But here's one in bloom, which is what some of you have come here for.


Tombstone

Moose

Green Fools, which happens to be a serendipity for the lynx. Or the other way around if that makes you happier.


Lynx. See what I said about serendipity.


Bee. This is from the other day. I hope all the bees are tucked into their hive, doing whatever they do to pass the time till spring. 


Film
There's been similar photos, taken from similar places, but I'm pretty sure this one is new to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!