Saturday, August 20, 2022

Experimental

As I start this blog, I have no idea what you'll end up seeing. None whatsoever. You might want to fasten your seatbelts. This could be scary.

1. This image has bubbled up to the top of my not blogged in 3 months folder. I was out doing flower photos at twilight when I realized there was a stiff wind at cloud level, and none on the ground. I got a neutral density filter and started playing with settings to get a composition with something stationary in front of smeared clouds. Not entirely a success. Maybe if I had light painted the tree. Hmmm.


2. An outtake from the selfie session back in June with Michelle. This is what convinced me I needed expert help.


3. A deep crop of an image, wondering if it would make a nice abstract. It didn't.


4. Two related water images, playing with a longer exposure.


5.

6. If I had had the wit to cover the lens with my hat when I (deliberately) moved the camera while the shutter was open, this actually would have been kinda cool, with the faint images of the trees in front of the lake. Alas, the brighter stars betray what happened.


7. A reflection shot that is kind of boring when right way up, and just weird when inverted, though that works sometimes.

8. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I took this photo, but perhaps a selfie in the drops, or a rainbow pattern. Maybe I was thinking abstract?


And I think that's enough weirdness. Back to the regularly scheduled features.
Of the Day
Driftwood

Flower

And a serendipity from 2016. Who recognizes these feet? Bonus points for the occasion.


Peony

Lily

Landscape
Writing on Stone park.

Green Fools
Clown wedding.
Film
Fitting in with the experimental nature of today's photos, I was watching the kettle boil for coffee, and started thinking about what steam would look like with a slightly long exposure. This is GW690, Ektar 100, f5.6 1/30


1 comment:

  1. Two responses to the feet question, so far, feel free to chime in. One is correct about all three pairs, and as expected, since she is the owner and operator of one set of feet. Another made an intriguing, but incorrect guess.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!