Monday, May 9, 2022

This is why you do it today

Yesterday I strolled the garden after coming back from finishing off a roll of film. It was cool and raining a bit. I'd been out the day before to get some flower photos, and was thinking of getting some wet flower shots, which are usually interesting. Except I was hungry, and the rain was getting harder, and there was a wine kit to start, and I figured I could do it tomorrow.

Except the rain turned to snow. We retreated to the media room and continued to binge Castle. We're in the middle of season 5. There was a huge crack of thunder and a flash of lightning along the way. We peered out to lots of snow, and slush building up on the road. It snowed all night. The roads are wet, but there are several cm of snow on the lawn. The flowers are pretty well buried. So much for those shots of water drops on the flowers. Maybe I'll put on a jacket, hat, wet boots, and go look to see what shots are there. 

Maybe. The coffee is really good this morning. No, we are not out on the patio in those nice deck chairs drinking our coffee. 

Except the light is really nice and soft, and snow sometimes makes for interesting patterns as it piles up on stuff...

1. Not my best shot ever of a tulip, but the first one this year. Oddly enough it's in the back garden.


2.
3. 


4.

5. The first peony I've noticed.


Of the Day
Driftwood. I went looking for a shot of driftwood that included the rest of the beach. The warm, non-snowy beach.


Peony

Michelle and Antje outtake


Film. Michelle again, testing the limits of capturing only a small part of the negative with a high powered macro lens.  You can see the entire photo here. I've got two more rolls of film at the lab being developed. Watch the photoblog for the results of a walk in Kensington with friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!