Friday, May 27, 2022

Flowery Friday 2021 Peony Blowout

 I took a lot of photos of the various peonies last year. Over the course of a long and brutal winter made worse by COVID, the blog has been enlivened by the peonies doing their thing. But the time has almost come for this year's peonies to do their thing. They are crowding onto stage, ants and all, eager to strut their stuff.

So here's a last look at 2021. I think these are in date order, unless Blogger has messed me up. The peonies have somewhat different bloom cycles, so one could be fading and another in full bloom. I find the fading cycle to be just as interesting as the full bloom cycle.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

Of the Day
Driftwood, then a serendipity from the Bird Sactuary.
Do not suspect I'm going to give you a blog post with all the unused driftwood or distressed wood photos. There are hundreds. Many hundreds. They will continue to show up in Of the Day, along with whatever else merits inclusion at the time. This could be a gorgeous model, a cat, artsy, various flowers, a landscape scene, serendipity, a film shot, or whatever else comes to mind or seems good. After all, I wouldn't want you to become complacent, always getting the same old, same old.



Flower

Landscape
Two really similar shots taken within a few seconds of each other, on the way to my hike with Sean and Cam. I really can't decide which I like better. What about you?



Film
A garden shot, 35mm, Visions3 film. But first another serendipity from 2017.



2 comments:

  1. My friend Trudy says "I like both landscape photos because it's neat clouds and mountains, but I like landscape 1 better, it says to me that you are headed on an adventure with the leading lines of the road and the power poles aren't as prominent as landscape 2."

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Michelle of many model looks and other talents says "I love that you find beauty in flowers beyond their prime. I am beginning to see it too, not only in your photographs, but in myself and in women my age and older. The peonies with the seed pods forming in them but the petals still attached particularly fascinate me.

    As for the two shots that you took on your drive, I love the first one because it feels like my path lays before me and I am in charge, while the other one is looking off to the side so I feel like a passenger or a bystander."

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!