Sunday, October 17, 2021

Fall garden colours, SATA

Linda was raving about the fall colours during her visit to Ontario. She timed them perfectly for photos, and had I known there could have been some gooders. But then I would have wanted to rent a car and go roaming looking for nice shots and probably would have missed the funeral. So maybe it's just as well. 

Still, there's some nice colour here, if you look for it. You might have to look hard. Plus the shapes can be interesting.

1. I think this is the rose that replaced the dread Alberta rose beside the garage. Linda ripped it out because it was so common, but I don't think we're done with it. I strongly suspect it's lurking deep underground, assessing the remaining root structure, and planning a comeback. I live in fear.


2. One of the roses out front.
3.

4. The white peony.

5. The red peony

6. The red peony.

7. I'm not sure if this is a rose leaf invading the red peony.

8. One of the back patio trees with something growing underneath it.

9. Oh, and the sunrise was kind of nice this morning too, but first a colourful serendipity from about this time of year in 2016.



Of the Day
Driftwood

Celina. I got this look a lot while Linda was gone.


Peony

Lily

Dragonfly. Note that this one, and the next two shots in the next two blogs will be really similar, in that they were all shot within a second, and each time the dragonfly is doing something different with it's wings.


Eagle

Owl I really liked how the light played on the feathers of the eagle and owl.


2 comments:

  1. I really love that first shot. There's just something about it. The white peonies too.

    I'll be missing the best colours in Cape Breton this fall because Luke's taking the car to Ottawa next week and I'm not quite brave enough to go to Cape Breton in the camper on my own. At least, I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the garden goes to sleep - it was a good year - thank you to you both. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!