Saturday, August 3, 2019

The Rose

No, not the ambitious wild Alberta Rose growing beside the garage, harbouring dreams of spreading shoots everywhere and dominating the landscape.

I'm talking of the rose in the side bed. As I've mentioned elsewhere it's doing really well this year, putting out blossom after blossom. Linda calls is a John Davis. I call it lovely.

So for a Saturday morning you get a rose overdose. Scrolling to the bottom is rewarded, though. You'll see the one that missed the image of the month podium by THAT much. Plus some nice bee shots. Today's peony is pretty pleasing, and I think the driftwood is one of the better ones.











This shot missed the podium for image of the month by THAT much. I saw the backlighting that brought up a lovely pink and was fortunate to have my camera in hand. The light was gone a moment later. This is almost untouched in Lightroom.

And a couple from other roses, just so they don't feel left out. Don't tell them I took the shots because of the bee.



Peony of the Day


Driftwood of the Day


2 comments:

  1. Lovely detailing of those water-droplets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Davis is a lovely man or is that , Man, Mr. Davis is lovely. I was trying to come up with something witty or profound about a log crossing a line in the sand, but no luck. It is though a satisfying image. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!