Saturday, November 8, 2008

So, photos info

There are 694 photos totaling about 1 GB on my hard drive. The first ones are fairly small, but photos from the new camera average 2 MB each. I haven't found how to control the image quality size, and the instructions are in Italian, German, French, and something else I can't read. Sooner or later, I'm going to look on the web for an instruction manual in English, but in the meantime, I'm a guy. We guys don't need no stinking instruction manuals anyway.

So there are lots of photos. It took me several hours just to go through, look at each, and get them rotated correctly. There are a bunch that didn't work out that I wouldn't show anyone, but there's enough there to remind me of what it is, and orient me to other photos. Many are part of a story about what we were doing at the time. Some are just me having fun with a new camera. Some are things amazing to a North American, like people parking within fractions of an inch of one another.

What do we have? Lots of street shots, of narrow little streets, interesting buildings, Venetian canals and stuff, some fashion stuff, some internal apartment shots, fancy buildings (churches, towers, castles, railway stations (and no I'm not kidding about fancy rail stations), squares, ect) shots, garden shots, statues, some of us standing in front of stuff, and an assortment of odds and ends. What do people want to see, and please don't say, 'all of them'. How much of a story do you want with each? Are you happy with a title like, Venice street and canal shots, and a bunch of photos with no further detail of what you're looking at?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!