Thursday, October 5, 2023

Trips, VI, more not driftwood

A continuation of yesterday's post, wherein you get more not-driftwood photos of our trip to Vancouver Island. 

In other blogging news, I've decided that if I'm going to blog, then my readers deserve that I actually blog a bit more regularly. One of the so-called rules of blogging is that you pick a topic and stick to it. BAH! I say an emphatic BAH! 

One of the charms of my blog is that sometimes I don't even know what's going to come out, and certainly my readers don't. I wouldn't want you to get bored. For my new readers, and as a reminder for my ongoing readers, thank you for showing up, and don't be afraid to comment. The trick is to use a desktop browser, preferably Chrome. Or if you're one of my subscribers, just reply to the email I send out. A few of you do that and I love it! 

If you aren't a subscriber, and would like to get in on the action, just send me an email, or a text, and ask. Simple as that. 

1. After we abandoned the walk to Mystic Beach, we met a couple walking their cat. It was not at all impressed with the wet surroundings.


2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8. Linda, marching on ahead.


9. I sometimes get fascinated by the texture of wet rock.


10. Mossy forests are wonderful for recharging the batteries.


11. Botany Bay Beach. Which is a bit of a misnomer, since it's actually a tidal flat made of rock. Being there at high tide would be a bad idea.


12.

13.

14.

15. This was a bit of a precarious perch, walking on the tilted jagged wet rocks. Another version of this tree is one of the most popular of my images on VERO. And how do I see that, you ask? Look in the upper right corner of my blog roll.


16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

23. Once we found our way to the beach, Sombrio was awesome. This turned out to be a dead end.


24.

25.

26.

27.

Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)

Driftwood (BC)

Peony

Flower

Yukon

Celina and a serendipity


Same file number as the Celina photo, but different date. This is the two bud-dies, and I'm surprised I they weren't  blogged with the rest of the photos. Maybe I did and missed the keywording and you're upset about seeing a duplicate. Life is hard. Or it is new, and you're happy to get another view of them.


Film (new)
Me trying to be artsy. I liked the curve of the dry creek to the band of white tree branches in the light.

Film (old)

1 comment:

  1. I am particularly drawn to 10 and 15 for their moody and compositions. Both could be even stronger with a little of dodging and burning to give greater contrast in the shadows. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!