Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Jasper 6, the reflections

One of my photographic rules of thumb is that a reflection doesn't make a photo twice as good, it makes it  ten times as good. Well, mostly. But without the reflections these would just be rocks and trees and water. We had great light and no wind, so it was perfect for this. Portal Lake, just on the Alberta BC border near Jasper. 

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.
And a fun variation of a classic reflection photo.


Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)

Driftwood (BC)

Driftwood (Jasper)

Flower

And a flower serendipity from 2017, I think.


And a Curtis serendipity! I thought I'd blogged all the photos of him, but that's not what my tagging system says. Even if it has been blogged before, I don't think there will be any complaints.


Yukon

Film (new)

Film (old)
Linda working the very beginnings of the front flower boxes. I'd just finished building them, and Linda can't wait to get the flowers going. I hadn't yet built the boxes between the house and the car. As an aside, that is the best car I've ever owned. If I could buy a brand new one of those now, I'd totally do it. Even if it didn't have heated seats, or one of the never to be sufficiently damned 'infotainment' screens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!