Friday, December 17, 2021

Sandy, but not a beach

Some of you may know of the Great Sand Hills in Saskatchewan. You might even have been there. It's worth the trip, and I'd like to go back again. 

We last got there late in the afternoon, with the idea of capturing sunset over the dunes. The time before I was there it was nearly noon, and the complete lack of shadows made it difficult to get any sense of the dunes. This last time, we didn't have much time to explore as the sun was going down down down. And you wonder why photographers hustle sometimes.

Don't forget the AMA feature! There's still time to get your questions in to me.

1. The view from near the parking lot.

2. Sunset, showing off the ripples in the dunes.

3. My camera gear waiting for me as I explore.

4. Some of the wild life in the dunes.

5. Photo buddies exploring composition and looking at the further dunes we didn't get to.

6. Mike really getting into the wildlife.

7. Photo buddies enjoying the sunset.

8. Looking east from the top of the main dune.

9. Bonus night sky shot from a little later in the evening on the way back to the hotel.

Of the Day
Driftwood, and given the sandy theme thought I would include some sand.

Peony

Lily

Eagle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!