Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Wet flowers, wet beaches.

This is from this morning.


It's been raining here a lot, so there's been lots of wet flowers showing up in my camera. The rain is making them droop quite a bit, what with the big blossoms holding lots of water. This is one of the new peonies putting on quite a show. Actually, Linda thinks there are two peonies nestled together, since one blossom is mostly white framed by pink, and the others are pretty well all pink. There's another pink peony in the back that is going to bloom soon, and it puts on quite a show as well.

One of the side effects, or I guess a direct effect of all the rain is that Fish Creek is still quite high. I've been looking forward to a wade through the river, and there's no way just now. That's the best way to go hunting dragonflies. There are some around, I saw one in the back yard briefly. Very briefly.

Another of Linda enjoying a rainy beach. Just in case you were wanting a rainy beach shot.



The cube is settling in well, rotating through photos in date order now. There are several hundred overlooked because of different naming conventions or inconsistent star ratings back when I was just starting. Maybe I'll do a fresh export from Lightroom and redo the load to the cube. Maybe I'll look for a Firewire cable first.

It's fun watching old photos scroll past. I'm surprising myself how many of them I can remember where and when I shot them, and some of the details around it. I saw some of the Moeraki Boulders go by and thought I'd blog the last of them. I'd love to go back there when sunrise and the tides line up, and the tourists are elsewhere. I did look during our most recent trip but the tides weren't right.










Of the Day
Michelle

Curtis
Taking a break from supervising.

Flowers

Driftwood

Ribbon Creek

Me

1 comment:

  1. Rain or shine Linda loves her beaches :) #7 of course answers the mystery question "Where do Moeraki Boulders come from? I realize that you like your photos as found. That said the person in #10 breaks the flow of focus, which to my eye is bolder front and centre and then there is a series of stacked expansive lines and regions. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!