Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Chasing bees

The bees are always fun to watch, buzzing around the various plants. Last weekend I blogged three photos of a bee falling off a blossom and disappearing from the camera view. These 4 shots are with a 70-200mm lens and extension tubes rather than the usual macro lens. They're a great subject to sharpen your photography skills. I was out yesterday and got more bee photos, but I don't want to overwhelm you, and I need to dive into the work computer.









Just for variety, a ladybug. We love them because they eat aphids, but we twitch every time because they're almost exactly the same size and colour as the lily beetles that we crush on sight.




Of the Day
Michelle


Celina
This is actually the first photo I took of her with my then new camera.


Flowers
These new clematis love the new pergola thingie I built.


White Peony
June 28.


Driftwood
Really similar to a shot a few days ago, but I don't think it's actually the same chunk of wood. Same species of tree, of course.


Ribbon Creek


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!