Saturday, August 4, 2018

Washed off the tax taint

Today was the day. I've been building up to it for a while, and the time had come. Corporate tax prep. Every year I say I should set up a system to make the year end prep easier, and every year I don't. Not like it's particularly difficult, or that I have to do the actual taxes. No. Just filling out a few spreadsheet tables and organizing some paperwork. It all went pretty well. Perhaps the fact that I only worked one month of that corporate tax year has something to do with it.

In any case I had a long hot shower after, just to thoroughly remove the taint. There's still lots of weekend left.

I haven't had a chance to play much with the borrowed 150-600 mm lens yet. Been thinking about what sorts of shots I should try to get with it. Anything you'd like to suggest?

In the meantime there are 41 shots from the last month edited but not yet blogged. Here's a couple of the oldest ones.

Not hail damage, just a blossom slowly withering. Sometimes the colour on the withering blossoms is more intense than on the full fresh blossom.

Or texture, this looked almost plastic.

I was in the mood to try to capture those fine yellow hairs. This is from almost a month ago, so the details have escaped my mind, but I'm pretty sure I had extension tubes on for this shot. Those central white petals are about about a cm across. Other than the yellow hairs as a focus exercise, (more than a dozen shots) there isn't much else about this that is noteworthy.

I was out chatting to my neighbour one evening. I'd been photographing some flowers, and this bright red truck zoomed by. Just as a panning exercise I snapped a bunch of shots in a row. Between 6:57:32 to 6:57:32, I clicked off 13 shots. In the last several of them the driver is giving me some major stink eye. Pity about the light pole and trees getting in the way of most of the shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!