Monday, August 13, 2018

Nature and not

This bridge was part of a dawn photo ramble almost a month ago. The starkness of the girder mesh against the sky, along with the huge bird's nest appealed to me. I kept an eye out but didn't see any birds hanging around looking like they wanted us to move along.


Actually, I should have been out for this shot about 5 minutes earlier. The sunrise clouds were much more dramatic and a lovely orange. For the middle of the city, there's lots of trees, and of course, the mesh of the ball diamond. There are no bird's nest on it, or on the light standard, but I have seen lots of birds lined up on top. Crows and magpies mainly.


I like that some critters have adapted at least partially to us, using our structures for their purposes. Then again, I'm always sad when a critter gets hit by a car, and don't get me started about 'sport' hunting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!