Tuesday, August 28, 2018

A different clematis

This is the clematis planted just this year in the back yard. It raced to the top of the iron trellis we installed, then bloomed like mad.





The couch to 5K thing took another lurch forward, running 4 K all at once, in 29:18. This is almost exactly the pace that BRBE and I would do our long runs at, back in the day. Then, I'd just be settling in the groove, today I was nearly done.

I ran up towards the reservoir, but turned around at Southland. They've got the shell of the pedestrian underpass installed, which is nice. What's much less nice is the pile driving happening about 100 m from some homes. Those people must be going berserk. Just running past I wanted to be wearing hearing protection.

It sort of reminds me of that one balcony that is jumping distance from the Memorial to 4th Ave flyover. The exit ramp from Anderson to ring road northbound is about 150 m at most from some homes, and I suspected it's actually closer to 100 m. A sound barrier will probably be built. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!