Thursday, November 13, 2014

Snippet 3

Wednesday was my first 2K swim in a long time, 39:30, struggling with my nose clips the whole way. Yay me!

Here's a snippet from the latest bit of NaNoWriMo. Dwen and Ronnie chatting as a lead up to an important scene.

“Your little nap did you a world of good,” Dwen said. “I’m just chugging along following you, and you’re out there like the equipment would escape if you didn’t round it up and herd it back where it belonged.”

“I know. I’m feeling a bit itchy tonight. Did I really fall asleep on you? I can’t believe that.”

“Complete with snores,” Dwen said with a grin.

“What were we talking about?”

“Nothing important. Shift work chat. You blithered about what you were thinking for the DAF changeover, what a shit Mac is and no argument there, and you were musing about your plans for your next date when you drifted off.”

“Hmmm.” Ronnie looked thoughtful. “I don’t remember any of it. I remember us getting here and talking about the training and how we were going to organize the evening. Can’t believe I drifted off.”

Dwen shrugged. “No big deal. I was going through no sleep thing for a while and that was hard on everyone. A little cat nap every now and then is good.”

“As long as it doesn’t happen driving home after night shift.”

“True.”

“Did I say who my next date was and my plans?”

“No names, and it wasn’t even gender specific. You were sort of muttering by then. But I suspect the staff at the sports centre are going to object to the two of you doing the sweaty bunny thing in the middle of the track after a chase scene.”

“Really? I must have been talking in my sleep or something. I’ve got plenty of sex fantasies, and some involve being workout sweaty, but nothing involving making out on a track after a workout.”

“Maybe I misheard it. Ouch! Jeez that hurt!”

Ronnie had been looking at the computer. “What happened?”

“Paper cut, on the file folder. Holy cow that hurts, and it’s bleeding pretty good.” Dwen reached for some paper towel.

Ronnie slapped her hand. “Christ only knows what’s on that paper. Let me see. That is a good one! Let me get the first aid kit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!