Sunday, March 12, 2023

V Island can be a rocky watery place

 A few more photos from Vancouver Island, showing off some water and rocks. I quite enjoyed trying to find a composition, then waiting for a wave to hit the rocks just right, and catching the spray. Or the the temporary little waterfalls. Or how the changing water levels change the composition. I'd have been pleased with the day even if I hadn't been carrying a camera at all, and just walked away with memories.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7

Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)
Yes, really, that's a chunk of wood.



Driftwood (BC)


Peony

Film (new)
So there's a bit of a story here. We were visiting a friend and went for a walk. I brought the film camera, looking for various cityscape photos. I took several photos of this building from a different angle, then realized as I was setting up for the next photo that the camera hadn't been in focus. On the way back I tried again. As I look at it now, however, other than some line juxtapositions, I can't imagine for the life of my why I actually took the photo. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in something, we kind of forget where we are in relation to the bigger picture.



Film (old)
Linda (obviously) with Amelia and Nefertitti.




1 comment:

  1. I miss the sea, and the endless fascination of watching waves wash or crash against shores. Well done for invoking this feeling. 5 would work well as a black and white. Regarding your comment on Film (new), we only know we have been in the moment after the moment has passed. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!