Thursday, March 9, 2023

The Hatley Castle Gardens reflections

The closest we got to going back into Victoria was to visit the Hatley Castle Gardens. Of course nothing was blooming yet, but there were some lovely reflection photos to be had. Linda can see the bones of the garden better when not distracted by all the flowering plants.

Does this mean you're done seeing photos from our island trip? No! There's another 200 or so. I'm not sure how many of them can be clumped together in a convenient set for blogging, or what that might be called. 

Yes, lots of them are driftwood. There's a few odds and ends that escaped me as I was adding photos to the blog, so you might be asking why that photo of trees growing out of a stump didn't get put with the rest of the green photos. Ask all you like. Call it the eccentricity of the blog. I consider it one of the attractions, in that you never quite know what you're going to get. Sometimes I don't know what I'm going to get.

No, we couldn't go into the castle, other than an extraordinarily obscure basement washroom, with completely misleading signage directions. We were nearly ready to pee in the reflecting pool. 

Yes, we're sick of winter. At least the sun is shining today, and it's only minus 10 c.

Yes, I've got another roll of 120 film to go to the lab. With any luck there will be one nice long exposure on it, and I know at least one frame will be black. I was reading about a photographer starting to use a 4x5 camera (that's the negative size in inches) which is a completely different experience than using an SLR or rangefinder. He ended up creating a checklist to make sure he was ready to click the shutter. I'm considering doing the same.


1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)


Driftwood (BC)


Peony


Film (new)
During a walk in the Beltline after breakfast with a friend.



Film (old)
At the Wastewater plant where I used to work we had these trikes to get around. It was big place, after all, and trucks couldn't go everywhere. The plant produced a lot of fog. I think the limitations of the point and shoot camera, and the film grain add to the texture of the snow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!