Friday, March 10, 2023

A Canadian scene

The other day Sean and I went for a photo ramble starting at Mallard Point, at the far east end of Fish Creek. It's a big place, taking 15 or 20 minutes to drive there, and probably 45 or 50 to ride my bike there through the park. 

I don't know about him, but no photos leaped off the landscape into my camera. This is as good as it got, a quintessentially Canadian scene. The locals have adopted a creek and little lagoon off the Bow and built up the ice for a rink. There's a snowblower and sweeper tucked under a nearby pedestrian bridge.

1.

Even though Fish Creek is a provincial park, and this is in it, I'm pretty sure, we don't think this is a provincial operation. That would be bigger and more official looking, and there'd be a proper storage shed. Good for the locals!

I think I'll give you a random assortment of Vancouver Island photos. These are from the Botanical Beach and Botany Bay area.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

Driftwood (NZ)


Driftwood (BC)


Peony


Film (new)

Film (old)
Sebastian, not Curtis.


1 comment:

  1. 1 Your result is much more successful than mine – I like your version. The west coast maybe wet, but it is lush. 7 and 9 capture the drama of the coast – I like them too. In 9 I’m not convinced the smaller outcrop on the far left helps the image. 10 also says black and white to me. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!