Sunday, March 20, 2022

Spring in Calgary means

Of course it's snowing. What did you expect? People who have lived here more than a few years know that spring in Calgary can happen many times in a year. Mostly it's between January and May, but don't bet the farm on it.

This morning as I was taking the last few sips of coffee, looking out the window at the sidewalk and street I was struck by the curve in the snow. It was beautiful, and almost in the same instant I realized that to get the photo I wanted of it, I had to be standing on our roof. Our metal roof, of which we were told was extremely slippery when wet. Slippery enough that it isn't possible to walk on it without safety gear, so don't, and don't let anyone else.

But then Linda suggested that shooting it from the back garden might change the curve but still be interesting. The possibility was there, and what do you know? I found other shots in the back garden. I was thinking of them as a group showing, with the title of 'Awaiting Spring.'

1.

2. In the last week or so I've done bison burgers, rack of lamb, lamb burgers, and steak.


3. This is the curve, not quite so pronounced from this angle, but then the diagonal lines show up better.


4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

Of the Day
Driftwood, but first a serendipity from late 2016.


I was thinking that with the snow, my readers might like a reminder that warm beaches do exist, just not here.

Peony

Lily

Celina
And yes, I need to tidy my desk. Today, as I'm gathering up T slips and other tax related documents.  I realized only after the fact that the one doc had private info, so I blacked that out. 


Film (6x9) some of you might have seen this on Instagram. I'm still sorting out in my head what goes in my photo blog, and what goes here. I'm thinking that the photoblog will mostly be film stuff, probably in a bit more detail about the process and learnings than a non-photographer might want. Then again, they can just scroll the pretty pictures and ignore the text.
This was shot on a loaner GL690 while my GW690 was sent off for servicing. This is a ravine west of Turner Valley as I was taking the scenic route home on inexpensive B&W film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!