Wednesday, March 2, 2022

February Image of the Month

Not a big photographic month on the digital side, and some of the slack was taken up on the various film shoots. Then again, this time of year is tough for the photographer within. By now I'm sick of white, but there isn't much other colour. I was lazy and didn't set up any indoor photo projects, though I've lots to choose from. 

For a while I was thinking about doing a separate digital and film image of the month, but in the end decided that was too much like work. I'll be scanning the film images to digital, and their date will be considered to be the date of that scanning, not the date the shots were taken. So late Feb I shot a roll of B&W film on the way home from Longview, and picked it up from the lab on March 1. There's two more rolls at the lab from a photo ramble with buddies yesterday. The plan is to digitize all three rolls at once, since the hard part is actually getting set up, and that date will be whatever it is. Maybe one of them will be March Image of the Month.

Once digitized and in Lightroom, I'll carry the usual procedure (and when I say procedure you can safely assume I actually mean dither) to choose an image, and I'll note if it's film or digital. I've got several images from Feb that I'm considering. My difficulty is deciding the order. Every time I look at them I come up with reasons to change which one is in which place. That went back and forth a bunch of times, and in the end, the reasoning that the frost pattern will never exist again won out. No special treatment for the colour, that's just the way the morning sun hit it.

2nd runner Up
We open with a nice panorama taken during a Sean and Keith road trip south of Turner Valley. It's nearly 21000 px wide, if you're looking to fill a space above a window or along a hallway.


1st Runner Up
A sunrise shot from the same road trip.


Image of the Month

1 comment:

  1. 3 excellent choices! I love the light and detail in your IOTM. I don't know if you remember where exactly you took the panorama shot, but you could revisit it in the fall when the colours are at their peak. There would be a nice mix of evergreens and yellows. - Heather

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!