Friday, March 4, 2022

A foggy frost walk in the garden

 If you haven't been keeping up with the story, check here for part one. Once back from a wander around the neighbourhood I checked out our own garden. I was surprised to find some of the ground a bit soft and squishy. Once again the rose hips did not cooperate. For some reason I have a tough time getting rose hips in focus.

It's still frosty and a bit foggy this morning. I was looking out the front window while doing obligatory morning cat worship, thinking that the one tree would make a nice photo. The problem being that I'd have to either shoot through filthy glass, or mount the tripod on a stepladder outside. In the end I just enjoyed the view.

Much as I enjoy taking and editing photos, sometimes I know the camera won't see what my brain sees, and I just enjoy it. One of the reminders given to us on photo tours is to enjoy the view with our eyes. We'll remember it better. If you only look at the sights through the view finder, you'll only remember the photo of the view, not the view itself.

1. The back yard garden. It's even snowier now. 


2. Lattice decoration.

3. Decorative grass.

4. A peony leaf.

5. A rose leaf.

6. Another.

7. And another.

8. Part of the seasonal decorations. I don't know if it's a real thing or a made thing.


9. Clematis.

10. More of the grass.

Of the Day
Driftwood

Peony

Lily, but first a serendipity from Nov 2016.



Film (35mm) From a walk in Inglewood with buddies, liking how the light was playing on the building, but thinking the image doesn't quiet capture what I was seeing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!