Friday, March 25, 2022

Recent Books

Tax time. Sigh, but it has to be done. As planned, I ended up owing a big tax bill. My thinking is that if you get a refund, you've given the government too much money and lost the use of it in the mean time. Now I can move on to shut the company down. Hopefully in April that will all be put to bed.

Libraries are wonderful. I recently put a batch of books on hold, and they've been trickling in. The first several are from a while ago, and I just haven't got around to blogging about them.

by Prix Pictet. Photos and stories about the Corona crises. I think that Peter Turnley's book is much better.


I actually don't have much memory of this book, but I think it was aimed at newcomers.

I didn't like a lot of the photos in this book. They seemed more like off-hand snapshots than any serious work. It makes me think about asking strangers if I can take their portrait.

Lots of good stuff in here, though it's a bit outdated on some of the software, but that's to be expected.

A fun read, bending the Holmes canon badly, but nodding and winking along the way.

Chrystia Freeland is currently Canada's finance minister. I haven't read this one yet, but browsed before buying. For people that haven't grasped the difference between a million dollars, and a billion dollars, this would be a good read.

I've seen a bunch of his videos for Lightroom stuff, and mostly like them. The book has lots of good tips, and not just related to landscape photography. I roll my eyes at the dad jokes.

This didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Much of it could be dropped into a book on digital photography without changing a word.

Of the Day
Driftwood

Peony
But first a serendipity pano from 2106 during a walk with Sean. This is the pedestrian bridge over the very west end of the Glenmore reservoir.



Lily

Celina

Film 
From a walk in East Village with the GL690. This is the second try at a scan, getting better at avoiding dust and hair on the negative or on the lens. In other film news I got my GW690 back and was out for a walk with it earlier yesterday. Photos from it will probably go on the photoblog because there are some comparison shots. Still figuring out what belongs on this or the other blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!