Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Dithering, big time. Meanwhile

Yes, it's image of the month time. I know you are on tenterhooks waiting to see what tops the charts this month.

Did you know that tenterhooks were a real thing, not just an expression? Tenters are wooden frames used in the making of woollen cloth. The hooks part are hooked nails the cloth was hung on to dry. You didn't know that, did you?

There are many images from August, and lots of them made 4 stars, which is typically the short list for image of the month. I go from one to the other, trying to decide. I only finished the month's editing yesterday afternoon (as I write this), and so I haven't had a chance to sit with some of the photos for very long.

Most of them are from the road trips, which isn't a surprise. I just don't know how to choose between them. I like them all. (Where have you heard that before?)

To celebrate finishing a big month editing I went for a nice walk in Fish Creek, and almost by accident captured a bunch of dragonfly photos. One of them came and posed for me, though I think it was checking me out to see if I was suitable for lunch. 

Here's an example, but mostly they will show up in the Of the Day section.


The recent photo book is Genesis by Sebastiao Salgado. There is a little tilde mark over the first a that I can't persuade the blog to do. 


Yes, the photo is black and white. I thought that appropriate because the book is a master class in black and white photography. Mostly landscapes, but some people and animals as well. It's also a big heavy book. I couldn't hold it up to read it, I had to support it on the arm of the chair. Well worth it. We got it from the library and it's now returned, so if you put in a request you should have it soon.

Yes, I'm going to work on the image of the month. Sometimes I have to sleep on it. Stay tuned!

Of the Day
Driftwood

Flower

Peony

Lily

Dragonfly

Eagle

Owl

Artsy



1 comment:

  1. I love the book Genesis, and the work of Salgado (no surprise there I'm sure). Photographically here is what triggered comments.
    Driftwood - I find the top 75% appealling and the bottom 25% distracting.
    Flower and Lily - Excellent composition
    Artsy - Makes me think a collection of similar images all displayed together might be in order.
    Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!